The following list includes the golf courses of Scotland’s Open as well as tips to hidden courses which are small and little known but not at all less attractive! Choose for yourself what your number one golf course is!
The reason you may miss here some of the very famous golf courses is due to the fact that they are often not accessible for guest golf players.
1. Nairn Golf Club In 1999 the Nairn Golf Club was the venue for the Walker Cup and the course is foreseen for real professionals and those with advanced level. The golf course has a round shape thus once the strikes are not the perfect ones the player is immediately penalized. As easy as it is to win the strikes from a tee or at fairways, same easy it is to loose them again at the extremely spacious greens.
2. The Machrie Even though some of the gold courses on the marvelous coasts look more advanced in comparison to this inland golf course, nevertheless it is able to suggest you a unique golf experience. The route towards this area is not easy to figure out but once you are through you will find yourself at the island Islay at the golf course with the hills that saw the early days of golf history!
3. Turnberry Aisla This noble golf course is located at the marvelous place. During your game you will look over the mouth of the river Clyde and see Kintyre, Craif and Arran. A number of historic championships were hold at Turnberry Aisla; the condition of the course is outstanding.
4. St. Andrews Old The St. Andrews Old is in the list of the golf courses where every passionate golf player has to play at least once in his life. The corner post of the game is the Old Course which is known till now as one of the biggest challenges in golf sport.
5. Boat of Garten The Boat of Garten is without doubt counted as one of the best golf courses of Scotland.
In the Highlands the fairways are fringed with genista bushes, white birches and heather which make the view from the Cairngorms simply fascinating. It contains of course the best class golf course; in any case it will never be boring here!
6. Carnoustie Championship At this golf course you will have fun in case you are ready to counter with the robust coast conditions. Once the capricious wind is in place one can get into despair. Thus the course is for some experienced golfers.
7. Kingsbarns The Kingsbarns golf course is located on the coast and provides you some of the best golf playing experiences ever. The rolling fairways are known here as classical ones and designers and developers have invested a lot of their work in this place for sure!
8. Cruden Bay The Cruden Bay golf course, the most favourite course of the vacation travelers is located not far from the Bay of Cruden, having an unforgettable view over the Slain Castle. Vruden Bay is an embodiment of the traditional Scottish coastal golf. The golf here among the steep dunes is not a kids play at all, and thus unbelievably good!
9. Royal Dornoch The Royal Dornoch golf course is a joy, but only in case you have found out your perfect tactics already and have it in place. Your first rounds may make you quite nervous due to the fast greens and deep bunkers. Once you get familiar with the character of the course, playing here becomes a joy for every ambitious golfer.