While nothing can turn back the hands of time, there are still some things we can do to keep a youthful glow for longer. We asked Fabrizo Castellani, manager of the cosmetic spa at Lefay Wellness Resort for his insight.
Anti-ageing is an increasingly advanced science but what are the easy, every day things you can do at home to preserve your youthful glow for as long as possible? Our expert in skin care shares his advice with 10 top tips that will help you age gracefully.
Visit Website - Lefay Wellness Resort
Visit Website - Lose weight by eating smarter
1. You are what you eat
Go for a healthy low-fat diet, rich in fruit and vegetables - you should aim at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day.
Adopting our diet and eating habits to include these can positively affect our skin quality, because of the many nutrients that fruit and vegetables contain.
They‘re especially helpful in lowering acidity in the body as they provide high quantities of water, vitamins, minerals and fibre to the body. A healthy approach to your diet will have benefits in many area of your life.
2. Abandon your cigarettes There‘s many health reasons for giving up smoking. As a tool for slowing down the signs of ageing, its particularly powerful, because smoking seriously affects the skin both inside and outside and leads to premature skin ageing.Visit Website - How to age gracefully
3. Water, baby Drinking water can clear up your skin and people often report a healthy glow after drinking water. Make sure you drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, to keep your skin looking fresh and fabulous.Visit Website - More benefits of water
Visit Website - Why sleep is anti-aging
4. Sleep sound and sensible
Sleep is a great healer, and your skin is certain to thank you for getting at least 7 hours sleep a night. You should also help yourself by respecting your body‘s needs and following a correct eating/sleeping schedule.
For example, avoid having dinner after 9 pm, try not go to bed after 11 pm and avoid staying up until very late on a regular basis.
5. Cover up in the sun
While getting a tan is a sure sign of a holiday well spent, make high factor sun protection an unmissable part of your beach time. Sun exposition is one of the external factors that accounts for most premature skin aging.
Preserve your youthful good looks by avoiding long periods in the direct sun, covering up and using the highest SPF you can get your hands on or by using day lotions that contain a minimum sun protection factor.
6. Make sure of your makeup
Makeup is an essential part of the daily routine for many people, but one that can harm your skin if you‘re not careful.
Always use a make-up remover and a cleansing product that are suitable for your skin type. If in doubt, always choose delicate products that are not too aggressive: your skin will thank you for it.
7. Cleanliness is next to godliness
It might be tempting to fall into bed after a long day, but taking just a few minutes more over your cleansing routine can help preserve a youthful bloom.
Make a point of carefully washing and cleaning your face every night before going to bed, in order to get rid of all the impurities you have accumulated during the day.
8. Scrub all your cares away There‘s lots of regular and easy things you can do to keep your skin looking young. One tip is to use a facial exfoliating scrub at least once a week. It‘s a great way to remove the most stubborn impurities, as well as oxygenating your skin and letting it breathe a bit deeper.
9. Master your moisturiser A tried and tested part of keeping your skin young is making sure it always has the hydration it needs. If you do nothing else, make sure you always properly moisturise your skin - it‘s one of the most important steps in the skin care routine and one of the easiest to do every day.Visit Website - Anti-aging skin care with the wow factor
10. Knowledge is power
Loving the skin you‘re in is a great way to start. A key step in helping you preserve your youthful good looks is knowing what type of skin you have.
Once you have worked out what you are, you can carefully choose high quality makeup products that have been developed with your skin type in mind.
Find out more Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda is a five-star spa and medical wellness resort in Italy. Surrounded by the peaceful beauty of the Lake Garda region, this luxury resort offers guests an idyllic lakeside retreat with exceptional facilities.Visit Website - Lefay Wellness Resort