In St. Anton you have lots of choice – traditional cuisine with apple strudel and escalope or international cuisine with pizza, burgers or steak – from cosy mountain huts to exclusive gourmet restaurants!
Our winter sports expert took exertions and checked out the gastronomy of St. Anton. By doing this he experienced disappointing food but also discovered some real culinary highlights! He compiled everything in his exclusive dine guide and you will find something for every taste, from traditional to exclusive!
1. Plangger Delikatessen (small but very fine) Dorfstraße 32, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Plangger Delikatessen restaurant you will be pampered with many little Austrian and international specialties. The hospitable staff is very friendly and will be pleased to explain you the finest details of each and every dish!
Top tip: The restaurant is also an exquisite wine shop, where you can provide yourself with the finest drops!
2. Sonnbichl (Austrian and Italian cuisine) St. Jakober Dorfstraße 11, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Sonnbichl you can expect delicious menus from the original Tyrol cuisine and also Italian specialties. The gourmet restaurant is family-run and you can taste the passion in every bite!
Top tip: If you are planning to spend New Years Eve in St. Anton the Hotel Sonnbichl offers an elegant course dinner to celebrate in a classy atmosphere!
3. Alber´s Rodel-Alm (Burgers and Austrian cuisine) Nassereinerstr. 106, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Alber`s Rodel-Alm you get juicy and tasty burgers, as well as many traditional Austrian menus. The sweet cut-up pancake is simply excellent and the friendly waiters always have a smile on their face!
Top tip: You should try the toboggan slope – great fun for the whole family!
4. Bodega Tapas Bar (Tapas and Spanish cuisine) Dorfstrasse 40, St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Bodega Bar you will be served with traditional Spanish Tapas, with excellent Jamon or tasty Spanish salami! The warm Tapas are also delicious and accompanied by fresh white bred!
Top tip: Compile your menu with many small dishes – so you will have a huge choice!
5. The Museum Restaurant (exclusive international and Austrian cuisine) Rudi Matt Weg 10, St. Anton am Arlberg
| The wonderful Villa of the Museum Restaurant takes you on a journey through time, back to the time when skiing was born! In addition to this you will be spoiled with excellent gourmet dishes!
Top tip: The Museum Restaurant also offers an exquisite wine menu – perfect for fans of good wine and great food!
6. Restaurant Fuhrmannstube (Austrian and international cuisine) Dorfstr. 74, St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Fuhrmannstube you have a huge choice between typical Austrian and many international dishes! The tasty alpine menus are offered at a very good price and the friendly staff will make your dining experience perfect!
Top tip: When the weather is nice, you should enjoy your meal in the fantastic alpine panorama!
7. Osteria Di Parma (Italian cuisine) Alte Arlbergstraße 1, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
| The Osteria Di Parma is a traditional Italian restaurant, where you can indulge yourself with Mediterranean dishes. Of course, the pizza and the pasta are delicious, but you should also give the other fish and meat dishes a try!
Top tip: If you like lamb you should try the lamb out of the oven – super tender!
8. Verwallstube (Austrian gourmet cuisine) Galzig Bergstation, St. Anton am Arlberg
| From the terrace of the Verwallstube you will have scenic views over the mountains and especially on a sunny day this is an excellent place to visit! The dishes are handmade and only with the best ingredients – traditional and terrific!
Top tip: The restaurant also offers a romantic candle light dinner – you will be pampered to the maximum!
9. Galzig Bistro Bar (steak and international cuisine) Kandaharweg 2, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
| In the Galzig Bar you get excellent steaks, grilled to your satisfaction! They only use the best meat and you can also look forward to the other tasty dishes!
Top tip: You should not miss the terrific homemade desserts at this place!